Welcome

Hello! 

My name is Erika Powell.
(my school records are still currently Erika Swensen, but I'm so close to being able to change that)

The primary purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts and insights from a course I am currently taking at Brigham Young University Idaho, Family Relations. Although I have this blog only because of my grade (..just being honest.) I am really excited to have a place with some of my takeaways and my own insights about this course.

A little bit about me, I grew up in Utah. Yes, the Utah bubble and I loved it. I am the oldest in a family of five, just my wonderful parents and my sweet two younger sisters. I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints my whole life. I also served a volunteer religious mission for eighteen months. I served in northern California, in the Roseville mission. I loved my mission with all my heart. I learned so much and and grew so close to my Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ. I also happened to meet my husband while on my mission. Spencer and I served around each other my first area and became friends. Then I like to joke that "he followed me to Utah"(even though he came for school) and then we went on a date, and then just kept going on dates. So I think it worked out rather well. :)

My husband Spencer and I just moved up to Rexburg. We both felt impressed that this would be a good place to start our next adventure. Although I despise the cold, I didn't make the drive to Rexburg kicking and screaming. Why? I can't wait to find out, but for now I am excited for all the opportunities that will come.

So welcome to my humble little blog.


Comments

Post a Comment